Well Phyliss and I made it to Tennessee around midnight last night! Traffic was not pleasant!! Plus we made a pit stop at good ol Sonny's BBQ...hadn't been there in a HOT minute!! Once we got to Katie's we were so tired! We blew up my air mattress and I put in my ear plugs and I was out!!! Saturday morning we got up and Phyliss made us breakfast!! Pancakes, eggs, and bacon...yum!!!! Kt and her mom wanted to go shopping and for those that no me that is the last thing I want to be doing on a Saturday! Especially the first GA football game! Seriously!! So I got dropped off at Kt's dad's house and watched the TN game with him! Then I flipped it to the U.S. Open! I have been keeping up with the 17 yr old Marietta girl! She was playing sharapova in the 3rd round!! Carla watched it with me and we were screaming at the tv..and Oudin won! It was an awesome match!!! Can't wait to see her next match! Then it was GA game time!! Even thought I tried my best to cheer them to a victory it just wasn't in the cards!!! Oh well!!! But the best part of the day was the backyard wedding that was taking place at the house behind Carla and Tim's!! Now I love me some Elizabethon, TN....but this just did it for me! Let me start from the beginning! So josh and I went to go get some lunch and when we arrived back we heard some music coming from the house behind theirs...well Nate informs us that they are having a wedding at the house....now you have to know that the houses are pretty close together! So here is this wedding taking place and you can hear all the music while sitting in the house! So we are listening and having a good laugh...then we hear the father-daughter dance and they are dancing to butterfly kisses...wow, but that's not even the best part..all the sudden the DJ interrupts the dance and says "we are going to cut the dance short...jay get your momma"...WTH??...so Jay(the groom) I guess gets his momma and they do the mother-son dance!! Ok so the best part seriously is at the reception which is still in the backyard they do karaoke!!! OMG!! We had to listen to everyone at the dang wedding butcher a song! The very last song they do is IT'S A FAMILY TRADITION!!!...and you know how that song has some audience participation in it...yep they all did it!! It has been the highlight of the trip so far...ok that might be a little extreme!! After all that excitement we went back to kt and nate's, and philly cooked steak!!! YUM!!! Now I am sitting on the couch with dylan and he keeps asking me if he can check his myspace, facebook and email! He is 4!!! Really!!! He is too grown!! Goodnight!! Holla!
Farm
No comments:
Post a Comment