Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up....

I am trying to do better this week!! So this past weekend was a whirlwind of events!!Our special Olympic group was going to Orlando for the weekend! I left work Friday around 1:30ish and headed to the airport! I flew out on the 3:55pm flight to Orlando! No trouble on the flight!! I made it to Orlando at 5:30pm. I thought I was pretty much going to be on my own Friday night. The special olympic group had plans to go to the pirates adventure for dinner. Kelly recommended a restaurant to go to so I thought I would call Briana when I got there to see if she wanted to meet me! She had flown down Tuesday to take Ava to Disney! But then I had a change of plans! The pirates adventure dinner didn't start til 8pm, so I had plenty of time to get there. Sorry Kelly!! Maybe we can plan a trip to Orlando and go to yo spot!! Alright so I got to the hotel around 6:45pm. Now I remember why I don't like taking shuttles!! I was the very LAST one to be dropped off! I went to the front desk at the hotel, asked them to call me a taxi and I ran to the room to drop off my bag! I got to the pirates adventure just as it was starting! Now I have never been to medieval times, but this is the same concept I am told! We were on the yellow pirates team! Ali and I wanted to be on the green or blue pirates team bc they were cute!! Oh well!!! The food was pretty good, heck it should be for 45 bucks!!! Towards the end of the show they came up to Ali and I and asked us if we wanted to be in the show!! UM HECK YEA!! Ali not so much!!! So off I went to be the star of the pirate show, or so I thought! I was envisioning me having a fight scene with one of the pirates or something! Um negative ghost writer! I just got to stand there and hold a chest full of treasure. MAN!!! So much for my acting debut!!! All in all it was a great time! The group loved it!!! We went back to the hotel so we could wind down and get in bed early!!!! Saturday was insane!!! We woke up did the whole breakfast thing, then headed to SEAWORLD!!! WOW!! That's all I can say...OK not really I have tons to say!! It was so much fun!! We had about 30 special needs adults with us, so we split up into 3 groups of 10. Ali and I had a group together!! We were little overwhelmed at first we couldn't decide what to do first! We started out at the dolphin cove! That was so much fun! The dolphins come right up to you!! We got lots of good pics! We then moved on and went to the blue horizons dolphin show, that was pretty wild! I was totally amazed! If you could have dolphins as a pet I would for sure want one! After that we went and saw shamu!! Now I know killer whales are huge, but shamu was a BEAST!!! We got drenched from the waist down and we were sitting like 7 rows back!!! I kinda got a tear in my eye when shamu made his debut! The group loved this!!! We then went and rode the Arctic ride, which is one of those simulation rides! It made me sick!! EEEWWW!!! After that we went and ate lunch! We needed a break!! After lunch we went and rode MANTA!!! INSANE!!!! I screamed the whole time!!! After the manta we rode the journey to Atlantis ride(i think that's what it was called), I loved this ride!! I sat in the second seat and really didn't get that wet so I made Ali ride it with me the second time and we sat up front!! SOAKED!!! We were wet from head to toe!! That was probably my favorite ride! We also saw the pets ahoy show. It was very cute and funny!! We finally called it a day around 7pm. We headed back to the hotel so we could shower! I can't lie I was nasty!!! We ordered pizza and I went to bed early bc I was getting picked up by the lovely shuttle at 5:30 AM!!!!! I woke up Sunday at 5am got my stuff together and headed out!! I arrived at the airport at 6:15am and was at the gate by 6:30am! BUT my flight wasn't leaving until 8:30am...boring! I got breakfast and the latest Cosmo and chilled out! My plane left on time and I was back in the ATL by 10am. I text ali and they were just leaving Orlando! So glad I flew!!! I was at my house by 11am!!! It was an awesome weekend!! I would like to go back when I have more time! I want to go to Island of Adventure and some other parks! That's all for now!! Holla!

Farm

1 comment:

  1. You didnt include the part about you swiming with Shamu and him bitting you!!!! It sounds like you all had a great time. And you do need to go to Island of Adventure. It is a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete